Monday, February 25, 2008

LibraryThing

This is kind of fun - although anyone who's into books (like me - occupational hazard of being a librarian), is going to have a lot more than they have time to "catalog" through LibraryThing, as easy as it is. So I entered in the top shelf of my bookshelf, where I keep the nicer hardback books and sets, here. The others in various bookshelves around the house will have to wait.

addendum (2/29) - well, this is proving more addicting than I thought; my LibraryThing "shelf" looked kind of thin, so I went back and included a good chunk of the upstairs books, close to a hundred (still more in the basement). In addition to the covers, I can see how many other people have listed a particular book (my guess is "Harry Potter" will come out on top; some of the more obscure academic stuff, only a few). A lot of philosophy that I haven't read since grad school, but there's something comforting in having Plato looking down...

No comments: